Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The River Schelde: Day 8

Today is another day wherein I did nothing but eat and drink. Oh well, I am on vacation no?

It started by visiting the yacht club bar as I did a couple of days ago. It is south of the city in Hoboken, and is a nice little local bar. Several of the patrons remembered be from my last visit and I was seated at the bar for another brief tour of Belgium beer. This time I took pictures...yet I didn't decide to take pictures until after I had a Mystic Kreik, a Tongarlo and an Orval (another trappist beer). Oh well, this beer blog is turning more into a drunk blog. In order to defend myself I must make it known that these aren't week american beers, no sir, most of the beers I have been drinking contain 8-9% alcohol. Unlike the 4.2% bud light I am used too.

Afterwards we went to get another beverage at this cafe/restaurant on the river called Zuikerrui, or Sugar (i think thats zhqt it means at least). It is a three story building composed mostly of glass and is very fancy looking. Food followed shortly after drinks and I then decided to go home, I haven't been feeling that well so I want to get as much sleep as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment